The Toastmasters Pathways learning experience is a flexible and interactive way to develop your skills and help others in your club develop theirs. Pathways helps you learn communication and leadership skills that you need to succeed. It provides:
- The opportunity to build up to 300 unique competencies
- Eleven specialized learning paths to choose from
- Online content that allows you to learn anytime, anywhere
- Real-world, transferable skills
Obtaining Evaluation Forms
- Login to Toastmasters International: https://www.toastmasters.org/
- Click Pathways > Go to Base Camp
- Hover over and click Tutorials and Resources from the drop-down.
- Click Evaluation Resouces then English (unless you want another language)
- Select your desired project, then click Launch – you can now download or print the form.
Tracking Your Pathways Progress
For most Pathways projects, you complete a lesson in Base Camp then deliver a speech. Base Camp tracks your completion of the lesson but does not capture speech details (e.g., title, date, and evaluator’s name). At Hardhats, this information is recorded in Easy-Speak when you deliver a speech at the club or report a speech delivered elsewhere to the VP of Education (including a signed evaluation form).
You are encouraged to use a manual method to track your Pathways speeches for two reasons:
- It is easier to track progress and select your next project. While it is permitted to do projects in any order, completion of levels can only be awarded in order. That is, even if you finish all projects for Level 3, it can’t be awarded until after Levels 1 and 2 in that path are awarded.
- The VP of Education must review your projects to approve the completion of a level. This can be done using Easy-Speak data but it is sometimes easier to confirm which speech goes with which project from your own tracker.
The following tool is recommended for tracking your progress:
Pathways Progress Tracker – a spreadsheet available at this link … save to your own file location before editing.
Some features and tips on using this Google Sheets workbook:
- Select projects and other information (Projects Overview, Helpful Hints, and DTM Path) using the tabs at the bottom.
- To readily identify paths you are working on, change the color of the tab for that path (right-click on the tab, hover over Tab Color, select desired color).
- Select an applicable Elective Project in your path by clicking on the empty Project cell, then click the carat to the right of that cell to see and select a project.
- Reach out to the VP of Education with any questions on how to use this tool.